Thursday, September 25, 2008

Some info collected

Let me first say that today went reasonably well. Traffic seemed to move reasonably, not too many accidents. I did hear something disturbing - some just think that you can stay through the storm and if need be get in a little boat and be safe. I couldn't tell if they were kidding but I unfortunately don't think so. I will not comment on the absolute lunacy of that proposal.

Here are a few local links (non-meat) that will give you some info and pics on what is going on:

Where can I find basics?

Disaster declaration extended and curfew changed to 8p to 6a

Healthcare needs rise after Ike


A day frozen in time - evacuations were started after this day.

A tree may grow in Brooklyn, but fire ants grow in Texas.

A Cherry Tree rests on a power line in the East End Historic District. The flooding was 5-6 feet in this area and so will be the last to be energized. Homes in this area (and others) will be required to have their gas lines inspected and pressure tested by a licensed plumber before gas can be turned on as well.

No comments: